- Product # 077548
- Type PDF Download
- ISBN 978-1-63186-374-5
- Published Date 2015
- Pages 256
- Photos 250
- Drawings 20
Thorough enough for professionals...accessible enough for homeowners! Written in plain language suitable even for first-time home buyers, Complete Guide to Home Inspection ebook is a must-have reference. An all-in-one resource with 250 descriptive photographs and 20 helpful illustrations, it is invaluable for home buyers, home sellers, professional home inspectors, and every homeowner who wants to understand what their house is telling them.
Truly comprehensive in scope. This is the most extensive examination of home inspection available, covering all areas of the home from top to bottom, including:
- Foundations, basements, and crawlspaces
- Electrical systems
- Heating and cooling
- Kitchen, baths, and laundries
- Garages, attached structures, and many other areas
Learn the trade secrets of industry experts in home building and inspection. With over 70 years of combined experience, the authors are on a highly focused mission to:
- Determine your home's hidden trouble spots and how to remedy them
- Provide sound advice on avoiding hazardous materials
- Offer helpful tips for improving energy efficiency, and much more.
Put an end to the mysterious problems that can create a “Money Pit.” Head off potential problems as you learn to understand a home's systems. Includes enormously helpful resources:
- Checklists – for properly inspecting a home
- Retrofit tips – to quickly resolve problems and issues
Download your copy today and gain new insights into home safety and more.
About the Authors.
Michael Litchfield, a founding editor of Fine Homebuilding magazine and a certified green-building professional, has been renovating homes and writing about the projects for more than 40 years. Author of 12 acclaimed books, he is an editor of a CNET/Yahoo! Gold Star home improvement site.
Roger Robinson has inspected thousands of residential and commercial properties since 1979. Awarded many state and national industry awards, he is the former president of CREIA (California Real Estate Inspection Association), a founder of several CREIA and ASHI (American Society of Home Inspectors) chapters, and author of numerous training manuals and articles.
- Table of Contents
Introduction (includes a Case Study)
1. Step One: The Walk Around
5. Foundations, Basements, and Crawlspaces
6. Electrical Systems
8. Heating and Cooling Systems
9. Chimneys and Fireplaces
11. Doors and Windows
12. Kitchen, Baths, and Laundries
13. Garages and Attached Structures
14. Hazardous Materials