- Product # LS0011
- Type Paperback
- ISBN 978-1-94065-507-9
- Published Date 2015
- Dimensions 8 x 10
- Pages 136
- Photos 80
- Drawings 100
Quilts can tell lovely stories. In her much anticipated first book, For Keeps: Meaningful Patchwork for Every Day Living, Amy Gibson teaches you how to make quilts today that will become family heirlooms – not because of their meticulous construction, but because of the stories they tell and the stories they will inspire.
- 17 fabulous projects are divided into two sections: Memory Makers and Memory Keepers.
- The quilts are showcased throughout the book in over 100 inspiring and beautiful photographs
Memory Makers. Quilts that are inspired by specific family activities such as:
- Popcorn Please – a family movie night quilt
- Once Upon a Time – a children's storybook pillow
- Sunday in the Park – a picnic quilt
- Hideaway –a tent quilt
- Make a Move–a game-board quilt with bean bag game pieces, and many more
Memory Keepers. These inspiring designs foster new family traditions including :
- Celebrate You – a quilted birthday banner
- Love Letters – a quilt inspired by handwritten messages
- Filmstrip – a photo quilt
- Family Secrets – patchwork recipe binder
- Tear Drops – a comforting vintage hanky quilt, and other sweet projects
Patchwork 101. This section of the book includes instructional advice:
- Construction basics
- Helpful tips for quick and easy cutting and piecing
- Beginner-friendly projects that are fun
- Block-based designs that a quilter of any skill level can make
- 80 instructional illustrations to guide you
You Complete Me. Here’s everything you need to know to properly finish your quilt–often considered the hardest step. You are in good hands with Amy Gibson as your teacher. Her hugely popular block-of-the-month series for Craftsy.com made her the darling of the quilting world. Over 150,000 students enrolled in her online class.
About the Author. Amy Gibson is a passionate quilt designer and instructor, who loves mixing traditional piecing elements with bold modern fabrics. Her work is showcased in The Denver Art Museum, Fat Quarterly Magazine, and American Patchwork & Quilting, among others. In 2014 Gibson was nominated Instructor of the Year by the International Association of Creative Arts Professionals.
Preview a sample of this book below