- Product # D34037
- Type PDF Download
- Published Date 2014
- Pages 124
Glamorous bags – everything you want except the designer price tag. handbags, a special issue from Threads, is bursting at the seams with ideas and patterns for gorgeous “It” bags that will have your friends green with envy. Not only will you have the freedom to customize your bag to suit yourself but it will not empty your wallet.
Get the inside scoop on bag-making from the experts. Whether you’re a scrap-happy upcycler or a serious follower of fashion, you will find bags to suit your style and skill set, from a cute change purse to a collage backpack to the must-have sleek envelope purse. Even beginners can get in on the fun because our Threads editors, sewing instructors, and bag designers share their tips and tricks and even show you how to make a great bag from a place mat.
27 super-stylish bags for every purpose and every personality. Handbags is all you need to create drawstring bags for the beach, organizers for everyday and travel, pouches for keeping your sewing notions handy, and no-sew clutch bags! Here’s a sampling of what’s in this delightful guide:
- Tried-and-true construction techniques
- How-to articles on bags from materials as varied as lace and leather
- Complete directions for 27 different bag projects
- Handy scaled bag patterns
- Step-by-step tutorials for design-it-yourself projects
- Overview of essential bag-sewing notions and materials
- Sources for unique hardware and handles
- Fabulous photos, creative ideas, and more.
It’s all in the bag - that there’s a lot to love! More than ever, the handbag makes the outfit - it is today’s ultimate fashion statement. Handbags is the perfect way to create your own one-of-a-kind accessory and save.
Download your copy now.
Please view a sample of this issue below
- Table of Contents
- Essential Handbags
- The Oversized Bag
- Linked In Handbag
- Fold-Over Bag
- Quilted Convertible Bag
- Grab a Clutch
- Custom Clutch
- Portfolio Clutch
- Circle Clutch
- Pass the Envelope
- Carry It All
- Little Black Sewing Bag
- Layered Lace Tote
- Perfect Match Tote
- Essentially Organized
- Quick to Make: Stitch a Pie Bag
- Upcycle & Repurpose
- Great Bags From Scraps
- Quick to Make Projects: Fold a Place Mat into a Purse
- Quick Change
- Restyle Unworn Garments
- Collage Clutch