- Product # 051075
- Published Date 2008
- Drawings 24 page magazine with 60 minute DVD
Even if it's your turn to cook, you can still relax and enjoy a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with family and friends. Especially if you have this dynamic duo from Fine Cooking,
: our 24-page special issue and 60-minute DVD-ROM devoted to everything Thanksgiving.
Together they are your foolproof guide to planning, cooking, and serving the perfect classic turkey dinner. complete with all the trimmings, from pre-dinner nibbles to the next day's supper and everything in between.
First, our special issue simplifies planning by covering:
Our one-hour DVD-ROM demonstrates important techniques, including how to:
- how to buy, brine, baste, and cook a juicy, beautifully browned turkey
- classic recipes for sausage stuffing, tart cranberry compote, fluffy mashed potatoes, and traditional side dishes
- our best recipes for pumpkin and chocolate pecan pies
- the difference between potatoes and yams
- delicious recipes for using the leftovers
- tips for make-ahead pie crust, turkey stock, and more
- truss, roast, and carve a turkey
- make, roll out, crimp, and flute pie crust
- make gravy from pan dripping
- use a mandoline, ricer, and masher
- gauge when the turkey is done, and more
Enjoy a stress-free holiday this year and every year, order your set now!