- Product # GM0147
- Type Paperback
A GMC Book
- ISBN 978-1-86108-888-8
- Published Date 2012
- Dimensions 10 7/8 x 8 1/4
- Pages 176
- Photos 536
- Drawings 8
The router is the most useful and versatile of all woodworking power tools. Lightweight and inexpensive, it is a must-have tool for the workshop where it can be used to shape, joint, and cut materials – especially when using jigs and templates.
Router Jigs & Templates will show the budding craftsman or seasoned woodworker everything you need to know to get the best out of this effective and valuable power tool. Anthony Bailey, expert with the router, takes you through the basic setup and the fundamental techniques; explores the difference between freehand and table routing, and looks in-depth at the practical uses for functional jigs and templates.
Easy to follow and learn. The techniques can be learned quickly and easily through the combination of Bailey’s approachable writing style and expert knowledge, ensuring that the skills you learn will stay with you and give you the confidence to create your own impressive pieces of work, whether you feel like having a go at creating a chess or checkers board, a roller-front breadbin, or an attractive picture frame.
- The basics of the router and how to get the best from it
- Troubleshooting common problems with router setup
- Invaluable advice on personal protection equipment and good working practice
- Expert guidance on freehand and table routing, including improving accuracy
- Clarification on the difference and purpose of jigs and templates
- How to make jigs and templates, from the simple to the more complex
- Easy-to-follow techniques suitable for woodworkers of all abilities
- 8 practical projects for the home including a coffee table, a doll’s house, and dovetail drawer
About the Author Anthony Bailey is a multitalented writer, photographer and woodworker who takes great enjoyment from sharing his knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, a wide range of subjects. Originally trained and later employed as a professional photographer, his skills have often been channelled in the direction of woodworking – he has, at various times, worked as a furniture restorer, cabinetmaker, and set builder. As well as being technical editor for Woodworking Plans & Projects magazine and chief photographer for GMC Publictions, Bailey has written for various woodworking magazines and is the author of Routing for Beginners – a best seller that has subsequently been reprinted as a revised and expanded edition.